Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Project 3: Completion

Despite my risky move to change my idea at the last minute, I think the results were good. I definitely came a long way! I'm just so happy I decided to go this route rather than making something so disposable. I think my app will be very useful to those in the area looking for places to ride their bikes, especially with the locate me function. I also like the overall feel of my app and I enjoy that it's different from any other app I've seen before. I was definitely looking to create something fresh and new and I feel the colors helped with that especially. I think my audience will also enjoy the colors and overall feel, which seems very industrial to me, especially with the working bike gears. All in all, I enjoyed creating a bike app with a very distinct feel.

It was quite the process trying to figure out how I was going to organize all of the information I wanted to include in my app. I knew I wanted a GPS locator so that area riders could look up the trails closest to them, but I also wanted to create a comprehensive app. That being said, I had to come up with a clear way of accessing all the information I wanted to include. This was another reason why I made the switch from the mailer to the app–I felt that it allowed for me to compile so much more information in a way that was useable.

For this project, I decided to create a booklet, outlining the interface's various stages and capabilities. I felt that this would be the best way to present my app's design.

Below is an Issuu document of my booklet created for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment