Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Project 1: Progress

I feel like I finally have a grip on this project. I have something fairly solid made up on the computer, but now I'm stuck as to what idea specifically I want to commit to. One poster idea tackles the idea of air pollution from CO2 emissions, while the other sparks ideas of reuse, reduce, repurpose, and recycle. Each poster has their strengths and weaknesses, but pushing past the weaknesses to create and effective and meaningful design has proven to be rather difficult. 

Poster Idea 1



The focus of this poster is air pollution and by using wind power as a means of energy is a good way to prevent further air pollution in cities and push a carbon neutral initiative, which many European cities are attempting to implement. It also tackles issues from an economic standpoint–wind is free! 


Poster Idea 2

While I find this poster to be quite strong, I'm afraid it will not translate in the European world. I also am not sure of whether the ideas of reuse, repurpose, recycle, etc. are even relevant in Europe, making it very difficult for me to even consider submitting this poster to the Posterheroes contest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment